Arena Attendant & Grounds Team Member
Facilities Management is a service-oriented department that provides a wide range of duties for the campus community including facility operations, grounds care, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, and snow removal. The Department also provides a number of event and contractor support services. We are looking to grow our facilities team with an individual who is enthusiastic and passionate about ensuring the RNS spaces and facilities are kept to our high standards through routine maintenance and a keen eye for safety.
We are seeking a full-time year-round arena attendant & grounds crew member employee. Our arena season currently runs from October through to May. Arena attendants must be willing and available to work shifts which may include days, afternoons, evenings, weekends and some holidays. Outside of these months the position would turn into a grounds crew member. Grounds and maintenance team members work a standard 40-hour week Monday through Friday. We are open to creating two separate seasonal positions if an appropriate full-time year-long candidate is not found.
- Support the Facilities and Arena Manager to conduct and oversee the physical operation of the arena and campus grounds.
- Duties will include Zamboni and ice operations, machinery inspection, facility cleaning and security.
- Workers will be asked to perform general and preventative maintenance of the facility or grounds, and other related duties.
- Must be courteous, cooperative, be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and maintain cordial relations with employees and the general public.
- Ensure that the school complies with all building and fire codes, governmental regulations, insurance safety requirements, and the school’s own policies related to safety.
- Troubleshoot and proactively identify opportunities to improve existing processes and systems with focus on safety, productivity, and cost.
- Demonstrate a safety mindset and operate all equipment and machinery in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Participate and help coordinate grounds and maintenance team efforts to provide regular preventive maintenance, minor repairs, inspections of building systems and grounds, including work with lawns, fields, and the overall campus.
- Support and maintain the school branding and quality standards across our campus.
- A high school diploma and valid driver’s license is required.
- Specific trade knowledge and training is considered an asset. However, selected candidate must be willing to obtain appropriate certifications for arena operations and safety procedures as part of their on-the-job training plan.
- Experience in general building maintenance, property management, and/or small equipment operation is necessary.
- A safety mindset with the ability to execute tasks and make decisions using initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to physically move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects or materials up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a practical hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage variable workloads and multiple tasks.
- A willingness to engage in ongoing training and learning opportunities to continue to develop professionally.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity is required to fully achieve our mission and aligns with our school’s core values of character, courage, creativity, and community. We aspire to be the school of choice for both students and our employees. By embracing diversity, inclusion and equity, we believe we enhance and enrich both the student experience as well as that of our broader school community.
All employees of Rothesay Netherwood School must be able to provide a vulnerable sector screening criminal record report.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to the RNS Director of Facilities, Matt Stevens, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.